Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Food Blog: Royal Bites

Today, I went to two places: Royal Bites and its neighbor, Patties and Plates.

I didn’t really crave for anything in particular so I decided to try out these two new mini shops. Royal Bites opened last August, while Patties and Plates began grilling beef last April.

Part 1: Royal Bites 

As soon as I stepped into the shop, I immediately fell in love with its shabby chic interior design. The friendly waitress entertained us very well too!

All the cupcakes (as far as I know) are for 45Php only. The chocolate truffles are for 17Php each! They also customize made-to-order cake requests for very budget-friendly prices.
 




 







Yea’s:

  • The cupcakes are worth it! I loved how the pink napkin adds charm to the pastries when served. Most shops just go for ol' plain white plates.
  • My favorite was the Matcha Green Tea cupcake! I could really taste the Matcha powder but it wasn’t too intense either- just perfect! I loved the overall rich taste that one cupcake wasn’t enough for me. If only the wrapper tasted like Matcha too…
  •  The raisin on the chocolate truffle surprised me. I don’t usually eat raisins but this was an exception. Thank goodness it was wrapped in yummy chocolate.


Nay’s:

  • The chocolate truffles were a little too sweet for me, but I think I just got overwhelmed of all the sweetness because I’m more of a half-raw dishes kind of person.
  • There were no drinks on the menu. I imagined myself sipping on my yogurt smoothie using a pastel-striped straw before going to the shop, but they only served water.*But maybe the shop's primary agenda is for to-go purposes only, wherein costumers are just going to buy their orders and go. Hmm?
Overall rating: 9.5/10 = Because almost everything is perfect. I just wish the place was a little bit bigger so I could invite my girl friends and we could have an afternoon cupcake party. I'm also hoping to find drinks on the menu someday- to fulfill my yogurt smoothie fantasy! He he.


Dress: Forever 21 Flower necklace: Forever 21 Belt: SM Dept store


Someone’s going to be on sugar high tonight! Thanks for reading! :)


Unit 5 # 26 Juna avenue,
Juna subdivision, Matina,
Davao city, 8000

7 comments:

  1. I've also tried the cupcakes and they were so delicious that I can't wait to eat one more! :D

    Why don't you join Davao Bloggers? They have their own Facebook Group. Can't wait to see you there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I think that's quite a huge step for a newbie like me, but, thanks for the invite! & Thanks for reading!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi alex ! Saan to banda ? Yang specific di kc alam ng tricycle driver at ng taxi driver haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hala! sorry late rep :( but nakita ko naman sa instagram mo yung photo hihi. sarap noh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello. may telephone number ka nila? :)

    ReplyDelete