Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Beef + Scallops + Laing + Ostrich, The Mesa Way

Ahhh~ there's too much food loving in my beautiful city! Tonight, I've discovered another restaurant that unmercifully busted the doors of my digestive system and just had my intestines waving in sync and shouting "Allelujah!!" while grinding the delicious pieces of their food. 

Although I've come to pass by Mesa a million times and ignored the place a bazillion times over (usually there are too many costumers inside that i think there's no space left even for my midget body hehe), something about the place gives me this buzzy feeling (prolly because of the swarming costumers?) that had me eternally curious about their dishes, until we finally dined in last night.




We settled ourselves in this little hut-like table that made us feel we like were somewhere along the dark shores of a secluded beach (choz!). The glasses wherein they served the water were uniquely inspired by bamboo branches!





For our appetizer, we had Baked Scallops with Garlic Butter. It was the best baked scallops I've tried!!... Well, second best if I include my boyfriend's mom's baked tahong (100% no bias on this one. nope. hahaha!). The carneous scallops went so well with the creamy garlic butter! I kept my eye on this dish the whole time, until my boyfriend decided to be a hungry hellhound and ate the last few pieces I've been wanting to devour.




For the vegetable menu, we ordered Laing 2 Ways. To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Laing, but tonight was an exception. I couldn't choose which one of the two versions (L-R: Laing with coconut cream; crispy Laing) were better, because both tasted SO good.





Drunken Ostrich. "It looks like chicken, but it tastes like beef!", True that. The meat was firm, with the natural sweetness of the accompanying mushrooms, herbs, sauce and spices.






Beef 2 Ways. Wow, oh, just. w.o.w. This one's my favorite among the rest. The moment I took a spoonful of this curry-like dish in my mouth, my tongue, my teeth, and my palates just died right here & there and quickly resurrected in an instant! The tenderness of the beef with the oh-so creamy coconut plus the right amount of spices had my eyeballs skip rolling on the river and straight to the ocean!



Thanks kuya JP for the treat! xo

Mesa Filipino Moderne
G/F SM Lanang
Davao City

No comments:

Post a Comment