Saturday, May 10, 2014

FOOD BLOG: For the Love of Cupcakes!

What's more unique than eating a delicious Red Velvet cupcake in a glass jar? Here it is! The famous Red Velvet cupcake in a jar by Stephanie Chu: For the Love of Cupcakes!

I just remembered last Friday night that Mother's Day was coming up and I was a bit school-occupied so I had no time to go to the malls and cram on what to give for my Madam Alicia. Good thing online shopping came in handy and I accidentally tumbled on the lovely Ms. Chu and an uploaded photo of her red velvet cupcakes on my Facebook newsfeed.

I know, I know... no more troubles of guiltily throwing those wrappers with really cute designs wrapped on the mouthful red velvet cupcakes that are now probably having their roller coaster ride in your tummies! The jars could be recycled to however you want to use them and it's up to you if you could keep the stickers and use them for future use (on an artsy project, maybe?).



 I ordered four cupcakes and had the stickers personalized especially for Mother's day (Except one: I had to order one for myself! I mean look at these! Who could resist? I can't just give a jar to my mom and drool as she eats the cupcake! Or worse, steal the jar and have it all to myself and probably tell her she should stick to her no-sugar diet. Nope, I don't think I'm not that cruel............. or maybe I am.....


I had to spread the white creamy frosting on top to even out the sweetness on the top layer

The color contrast of the white frosting and the cake just makes it more visually gorgeous (as always for red velvet cakes) and the texture is fairly light. The sweetness of the cream is just right! The sponge has an ample density as well. Overall this is totally yummy!



Order up!! :)
Contact: 0932 849 2357



For the health-conscious: This cupcake has about less than 250 calories per serving.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I saw your blog post via google and I have to say that your blog is great! and these cupcakes look scrumptious! So I was wondering if FTLOC has a shop or do they only accept orders? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they only accept orders! Im sorry for the delayed reply :)

      Delete