Saturday, September 21, 2013

Food Blog: Pastanni

Who doesn’t love street food in the Philippines? You spend 50 pesos or less and viola- You have a full meal already. But, the fact that not all street foods are healthy and clean, not everybody can enjoy the feeling of eating cheap, savory food. Unfortunately, I cannot eat street foods, no matter how tempting they could get, thanks to my feeble immune system.

Pastanni, however, is a whole new level of street food. Not only did it place its stall inside a luxury mall, but it also serves street food the Italian way. If the Filipinos prefer their Chicken proben’s and isaw’s served on sticks, the Italians favor theirs inside paper cups. (This does not apply to all Italian street food- so I guess it’s just part of the store’s creativity). The store opened just this September (I forgot the exact day haha), 2013.
 








Yea's:

  • Just like any other street food stall, my order came up within 5 minutes. This store is a good option for people who cannot afford to insert their food breaks on their busy schedules.
  • I ordered a Risotto Bowl of Roast Beef with Garlic Yoghurt -It was so delicious!!

Nay’s:

  • When I saw the waiter (with my bowl of happiness on the tray he was carrying) coming up to where I was sitting, I wasn’t so happy anymore when it was finally placed on my table. My instant reaction was: Where’s the other half of my order? My food literally filled only half of the cup.
  • Yes, the food was really good, and yes, the order came up fast, but no, it was not worth my 150 pesos- not recommended for the practical people and definitely not for the hungry Croods. I think the only solution to this dilemma is if the costumers would have additional orders, which should've been a must for me since I already had a good impression on the Roast Beef Risotto Bowl.

P.S. Tho the prices are a big nay for me, I still plan to go back here and try out their other goodies in store.

PASTANNI
2/F Abreeza Mall
JP Laurel Ave., Davao City

1 comment: