Sunday, May 4, 2014

FOOD BLOG: Friday at Manna!

What better way to end your Friday night with Korean food? 

I always find Korean food to be healthier than other country dishes, that is why I have this theory that eating as many Korean food as I can won't make me much of a less healthier person... right? Haha. I've always loved eating korean food! The humble ingredients, condiments, materials, and techniques used by cooking Korean cuisines just makes every dish sophisticated and complex that every time I eat Korean food, I always know my teeth are lusciously grinding in an orchestrated manner, relishing every taste. 


1: Samgyeopsal: The subtle flavor of the vegetable compliments the delicious pork meat that served as its filling. Dipping it in either of the sauces (on the bottom right of the photo) is what makes this dish stand out. This is my new favorite korean dish!

2: Pork Bibimbap: The best bi-bim-bap I've tried! I'm not the biggest fan of this signature korean dish, so I was actually surprised I finished two plates of this one. This mixed dish of white rice, sauteed and seasoned vegetables, sauce and pork meat altogether creates a harmonious flavor that makes me want to eat everything straight from the bowl!

3: ?? I forgot what this one was, but it looked so appetizing I just had to grab a section of it from across the table (I was sitting on the far left haha)! The meat was so tender and flavorful that there was no need for me to slice it as it easily fell off and was readily waiting for my fork to stab it and put it inside my anticipating mouth! *Update: This dish is called Galbi Jjim.

PS: A big thanks to kuya JP for this treat! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment